Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Status of JR Propo ?

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Status of JR Propo ?

Old 01-17-2017, 03:53 PM
IFLYBVM2
My Feedback: (360)

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Status of JR Propo ?

After all of the speculation about JR Propo, with JR Americas stating one thing, and JR dealers from other parts of the world stating other things quite differently, does anyone truly know what the long term status of JR Propo is ?
As a long time JR user, it would be nice to know, definitively, what the truth is. In my opinion, not saying anything is worse than just stating the truth, whatever that might be.
I have seen more than one 28X being sold recently for way below what they normally bring-I don't know if other guys are wondering the same thing also and jumping ship sooner rather than later.
I certainly hope that things work out for JR long term-I have always had good luck and good service out of their gear, for 30 + years now.
It would just be nice to know what is really going on.
Just my opinion-
Mike O.
Old 01-17-2017, 04:10 PM
olnico

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Jr Americas do not answer their phone any more. They are on an answering machine and do not return their call.
We have been trying to buy equipment from them without any luck.
Very sad. They made the best servos on the market and their equipment was the second best behind Weatronic...

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fpv-...o-systems.html
Old 01-17-2017, 04:31 PM
Doug Cronkhite
My Feedback: (34)

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

JRA just got the first 2 large boxes of servos from Malaysia yesterday. There is more on the way. They're not out of business nor is JR as a whole.
Old 01-17-2017, 04:33 PM
Doug Cronkhite

Originally Posted by IFLYBVM2
I have seen more than one 28X being sold recently for way below what they normally bring-I don't know if other guys are wondering the same thing also and jumping ship sooner rather than later.
This part doesn't make any sense to me. It's not like the radio suddenly doesn't work anymore. If JR was to close (they're not), my 28X will still be a fantastic radio.
Old 01-17-2017, 06:30 PM
IFLYBVM2
My Feedback: (360)

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Hi Doug-
First off, that's great to hear that a new shipment of servos has arrived. Very encouraging. But it would also be nice if they answered the phone; like Olnico, I have tried to order product but never got a returned phone call myself.
With regard to the 28X , I would love to have one myself someday. And of course, they should continue to give great service for a long time to come, regardless of the future of JR. I think my concern would be the possibility of no future firmware updates with such an expensive radio, if something should happen to JR.
Please don't get me wrong-I am one of JR's biggest fans-their products have always done me right. And I sure hope that they are able to get through this transition, and continue making great radio gear.
-MIke
Originally Posted by Doug Cronkhite
This part doesn't make any sense to me. It's not like the radio suddenly doesn't work anymore. If JR was to close (they're not), my 28X will still be a fantastic radio.
Old 01-17-2017, 06:35 PM
rrembert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by olnico
Jr Americas do not answer their phone any more. They are on an answering machine and do not return their call.
We have been trying to buy equipment from them without any luck.
Very sad. They made the best servos on the market and their equipment was the second best behind Weatronic...

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fpv-...o-systems.html
For what it's worth, they answered the phone this morning when I called...
Old 01-17-2017, 09:33 PM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 65 Likes on 52 Posts

There are WAY too many rumors/facts being posted by importer/distributors around the world to think that JR isn't having significant problems. Matt's continued assertions in various forums that there isn't a problem, is not reassuring with nothing else to back up his claim.
Old 01-18-2017, 12:37 AM
Dave Wilshere

Received 731 Likes on 527 Posts

There is a problem with all hobby business, the truth on all these things is different to what is really seen to be going on. We have quite a few businesses in the UK who 'talk' up their booming business, small chap syndrome ;-) and different circumstances mean the truth is completely different.
All radio manufacturers will be worried, sit down and think what today's world means.
1. Radios last much longer without the need to upgrade the sets-as said already, I think any new quality Tx should give 5-10 years service, so like many, I have a 28X that I would expect to get me to 2025...will we be flying jets then...no one knows.
2 'drones' have caused most of the issues...they have taken people away from many aspects of the hobby that were money making, mainly helicopters (big thing for JR) where the sales of spare parts kept many hobby companies wholesale and retail in business. Now 3-D quads exist people have moved on to those, cheap and easy to repair, $20 repair rather than a $200 helicopter crash-it does not take a business brain to see that hurts. Then ALL the radio people who had a share of the helicopter (and other disciplines) market are no longer selling Tx's as drones come with a unit. Massive reduction in sales...
Things are changing, HH are making big changes here in the UK...Other US companies have closed their European bases too.
I don't think more than a handful of people really know what JR's situation is now, and no one long term. We don't know what will happen to many aspects of life-BUT, JR is the top brand in many ways, so if the hobby continues, the product will continue too. Updates will be slow-last thing for sure, they need to get product moving again, but I have no operating issues with any of my JR radios, so I'm not worried about that, they can come. The manufacturing side of JR's many product ranges all look pretty healthy, they used many plants for all the bits required in each product line, these guys are all still running the same way.
Service back up, Rx's and servos are what I need to see, the JR people in the UK are sitting on a lot of stock value of radios, yet they stopped selling them as they want Rx supply to back up any sales. I've sold new radios this week to people who feel comfortable with a long term JR future...

DW
Old 01-18-2017, 05:50 AM
olnico

Originally Posted by Doug Cronkhite
JRA just got the first 2 large boxes of servos from Malaysia yesterday. There is more on the way. They're not out of business nor is JR as a whole.
Great!
Could you pm me a contact number so we can get this order going?
Over 20 servos.
Thanks.
Old 01-18-2017, 06:47 AM
Nige321

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

JR stated that the Malaysia production would be ready to roll at the end of last September.
These things never quite go to plan, but nearly 4 months later stock of many items is non-existant, and there's only a deafening silence from JR.
Maybe if they communicated a little more, people wouldn't fill the void with rumour...
Old 01-18-2017, 08:33 AM
CESSNA 421
My Feedback: (17)

I'm glad to hear JR is alive and well for the moment, I have 2 new in the box JR 10X radios and about 20 receivers and 30 or more new in the box servos I am planning on using someday soon.
Old 01-19-2017, 11:38 AM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by CESSNA 421
I'm glad to hear JR is alive and well for the moment, I have 2 new in the box JR 10X radios and about 20 receivers and 30 or more new in the box servos I am planning on using someday soon.
Wow! That's alot!
Old 01-19-2017, 01:37 PM
jcterrettaz
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Thank you Dave Its good to now. Im not worried about my 28X and I will continue to use JR product or JR Malaysia product
Definitively would be nice from JR Japan to tell us with update on stock etc more often
Old 01-19-2017, 02:11 PM
Doug Cronkhite

As soon as I know, you'll know. I'll post here whenever possible.
Old 01-31-2017, 03:18 AM
AndyW
My Feedback: (1)

Originally Posted by crackertod
Why would a grown man listen to rumours makes no sense to me.
Rumours happen when the source goes silent. What would you expect?
Old 01-31-2017, 11:53 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 65 Likes on 52 Posts

Because unlike you, I have been burned in the past because I did not pay attention to rumors and bought a very expensive tx only to see it discontinued three weeks later despite the assertions of the vendor that the tx was not being discontinued.

Now, please take your less than thirty days of membership here, go back to your social media hangout and leave the adults alone.
Old 01-31-2017, 04:56 PM
sideshow

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Zeeb
Because unlike you, I have been burned in the past because I did not pay attention to rumors and bought a very expensive tx only to see it discontinued three weeks later despite the assertions of the vendor that the tx was not being discontinued.

Now, please take your less than thirty days of membership here, go back to your social media hangout and leave the adults alone.
^ this....and, lol
Old 01-31-2017, 06:21 PM
scoeroo
My Feedback: (9)

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Some people are just more gullible than others -

Rumor has it my JR equipment is still working - think I will stay with it ....
Old 02-01-2017, 03:27 AM
Nige321

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

My radio was discontinued many years ago and it still works some people just want to keep up with the Jones. I suppose radio companies need gullible people to always buy the latest and greatest, it keeps the shareholders happy.
Just be glad they do, as you won't have any new radios in the future without them...
Old 02-06-2017, 06:25 AM
jkjunior

Hi you guys,

now at the horizon hobby the next shippment is TBD, last week was early feb. Does anyone know some news?
Old 02-18-2017, 05:57 PM
spike5150

Any new crumbs of information? Can't find anything but 6ch Rx. No servos.
Old 02-19-2017, 08:25 AM
ravill

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

Until proven otherwise, I here by declare:

JR is D.E.D. Dead.

Old 02-19-2017, 09:06 AM
olnico

Originally Posted by ravill
Until proven otherwise, I here by declare:

JR is D.E.D. Dead.

Unfortunately, I'm beginning to think that you're right. it's a really big loss for the RC community. So sad...
Old 02-19-2017, 09:10 AM
Helijet

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Agreed...consumer confidence in the brand has died.....
I have moved on....

Dean W.
JR since 1980....sigh....
Old 02-19-2017, 10:13 AM
TimD.
My Feedback: (207)

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

So SAD !!! have been loyal for decades

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.